CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) On-Demand
On Demand $995.00
Virtual Live $1,795.00
Gain hands-on expertise in CompTIA Security+ certification exam by course and performance-based labs. Performance-based labs simulate real-world, hardware, software & command line interface environments and can be mapped to any text-book, course & training. CompTIA Security+ is an entry-level, international, vendor-neutral credential designed for IT security professionals to identify risk, participate in risk mitigation activities, provide infrastructure, information, operational, and application security. CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam covers the application of security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability; identification of appropriate technologies and products; troubleshooting security events and incidents, and many more.
This course includes FREE access for 12 months to a cloud-based lab platform to assist students to develop the practical information technology (IT) skills necessary to succeed in high in demand IT jobs. This cloud-based lab solution uses real equipment that enables our students to execute each practical task in a safe environment that is accessible from anywhere without needing to buy their own hardware or risk damage to their own system.
Along with providing the necessary hardware in a virtual environment, students gain access to high-quality practical exercises that cover many of the exam topics they will encounter on their certifying exams.
In this course, students will use fundamental security principles to install and configure cybersecurity controls and participate in incident response and risk mitigation.
- Compare and contrast attacks.
- Compare and contrast security controls.
- Use security assessment tools.
- Explain basic cryptography concepts.
- Implement a public key infrastructure.
- Implement identity and access management controls.
- Manage access services and accounts.
- Implement a secure network architecture.
- Install and configure security appliances.
- Install and configure wireless and physical access security.
- Deploy secure host, mobile, and embedded systems.
- Implement secure network access protocols.
- Implement secure network applications.
- Explain risk management and disaster recovery concepts.
- Describe secure application development concepts.
- Explain organizational security concepts.
- No required prerequisites for Security+ certification
- Recommended: CompTIA Network+ Certification and 2 years of technical networking experience with an emphasis on security, or equivalent knowledge, is recommended.
- Lectures 42
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level Entry Level
- Language English
- Students 435
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
- Compare and contrast different types of social engineering techniques
- Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators to determine the type of attack.
- Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators associated with application attacks.
- Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators associated with network attacks.
- Explain different threat actors, vectors, and intelligence sources.
- Explain the security concerns associated with various types of vulnerabilities.
- Summarize the techniques used in security assessments.
- Explain the techniques used in penetration testing.
Architecture and Design
- Explain the importance of security concepts in an enterprise environment.
- Summarize virtualization and cloud computing concepts
- Summarize secure application development, deployment, and automation concepts.
- Summarize authentication and authorization design concepts
- Given a scenario, implement cybersecurity resilience.
- Explain the security implications of embedded and specialized systems
- Explain the importance of physical security controls.
- Summarize the basics of cryptographic concepts
- Given a scenario, implement secure protocols
- Given a scenario, implement host or application security solutions
- Given a scenario, implement secure network designs Part-1
- Given a scenario, implement secure network designs Part-2
- Given a scenario, install and configure wireless security settings.
- Given a scenario, implement secure mobile solutions Part-1
- Given a scenario, implement secure mobile solutions Part-2
- Given a scenario, apply cybersecurity solutions to the cloud.
- Given a scenario, implement identity and account management controls.
- Given a scenario, implement authentication and authorization solutions.
- Given s scenario, implement public key infrastructure.
Operations and Incident Response
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool to assess organizational security Part-1
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool to assess organizational security Part-2
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool to assess organizational security Part-3
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool to assess organizational security Part-4
- Summarize the importance of policies, processes, and procedures for incident response Part-1
- Summarize the importance of policies, processes, and procedures for incident response Part-2
- Given an incident, utilize appropriate data sources to support an investigation Part-1
- Given an incident, utilize appropriate data sources to support an investigation Part-2
- Given an incident, apply mitigation techniques or controls to secure an environment.
- Explain the key aspects of digital forensics.
Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Compare and contrast various types of controls.
- Explain the importance of applicable regulations, standards, or frameworks that impact organizational security posture.
- Explain the importance of policies to organizational security.
- Summarize risk management processes and concepts
- Explain privacy and sensitive data concepts in relation to security.