Windows Server Administration
December 18, 2023
Training Location/Time Zone
In this course, you will learn how to use Windows Server to manage identity, networking, storage, and compute, as well as comprehend the situations, requirements, and options that are available and applicable to Windows Server. Learn the core administrative skills necessary in most businesses to deploy and operate Windows Server.
Module 1: Windows Server Administration Overview
Module 2: Identity Services in Windows Server
Module 3: Network Infrastructure services in Windows Server
Module 4: File Servers and Storage management in Windows Server
Module 5: Hyper-V virtualization and containers in Windows Server
Module 6: High Availablity in Windows Server
Module 7: Disaster recovery in Windows Server
Module 8: Windows Server security
Module 9: RDS in Windows Server
Module 10: Remote access and web services in Windows Server
Module 11: Server and performance monitoring in Windows Server
Module 12: Upgrade and migration in Windows Server
- Some exposure to and experience with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) concepts and technologies in Windows Server.
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Experience working hands-on with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Basic experience with Windows PowerShell.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have some experiencing working with Windows Server and also to individuals from a service desk role who wish to transition into server maintenance.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Use administrative techniques and tools in Windows Server
- Implement identity Services
- Manage network infrastructure services
- Configure file servers and storage
- Manage virtual machines using Hyper-V virtualization and containers
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions
- Apply security features to protect critical resources
- Configure Remote Desktop Services
- Configure a virtual machine-based desktop infrastructure deployment
- Implement remote access and web services
- Implement service monitoring and performance monitoring and apply troubleshooting
- Perform upgrades and migration related to AD DS, and storage.